The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) has an exciting year of events, webinars, networking opportunities and travel experiences specifically designed to inspire and help you discover new destinations and skills to move your business forward It all kicks off next month in Washington, D.C.
Business Travel Exchange: Feb. 10 at the Hilton Alexandria Old Town, Alexandria, VA
• Is corporate travel right for my agency? What technology do I need to add business travel to my sales mix? How do I better manage my current corporate clients? Learn the answers to these and many more questions at ASTA’s first-ever Business Travel Exchange. This 1-day event, inspired by Gloria Bohan, president & CEO of Omega World Travel, will offer the opportunity to learn from other agents; suppliers in the air, hotel, car rental and technology sectors; and corporate clients about what they expect from their travel advisor. To register, click here.
Regulatory Compliance for Travel Agency Professionals Webinar: Feb. 13 and 27
• In 2013, travel agencies of various sizes were assessed civil penalties ranging from $20,000 to $125,000, and on Jan. 2, the DOT levied a $95,000 fine on a single agency. The risk is real. All it takes is just one untrained agent that fails to disclose a code-share carrier’s name, or an ad you’ve produced that fails to include the total price of the charter flights you’ve arranged for your local high school German club. Join ASTA’s vp of industry affairs, John Pittman, for an ASTA member-only webinar that will guide you through major federal regulations while providing you with practical advice to help you minimize your risk, taking place on Feb. 13 or Feb. 27. Not an ASTA Member? Email email@example.com.
ASTA Destination Expo: March 27-30 in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
• Affordable luxury, gastronomic wonders, archeological mysteries and an unforgettable cultural experience that will have your clients coming back for more. ASTA’s Destination Expo is taking you off the beaten path and out of the classroom to the enchanting city of Merida, Yucatan, Mexico. While you are discovering the magic of Merida, you can become a Merida Destination Specialist so you can sell this destination and surrounding regions when you return to the office. Travel agents who attend the expo will experience top-ranked training seminars; complimentary sightseeing tours and excursions; admission to networking events with valuable business contacts; trade show hours and appointments with local suppliers; and exclusive discounts on airfare, accommodations and tours. Click here to register.
Premium Business Summit: June 29–July 1 at the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, Quebec, Canada
• Stay ahead of the challenges that face the industry and your business with in-depth presentations and discussions from government leaders, influential industry players and ASTA’s industry experts. This is an exclusive ASTA Premium Member-only event that includes the top travel agencies, TMCs, consortia, franchise groups and online travel agencies in the world. ASTA Premium Membership provides full access to asta.org resources, including research reports and white papers, as well as direct access to ASTA’s industry experts who are available to provide guidance and direction when pressing issues face your business. To learn more about ASTA Premium Membership, or to attend this year’s Premium Business Summit, please contact Pamela Bonin, director of membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASTA’s Global Convention: September 13-21, New York City & Norwegian Breakaway from NYC to Bermuda
• Kicking off in New York City on Sept. 13 with Premium/CAC Meetings and the annual Advocacy Dinner, ASTA’s annual convention will then take to the seas on Sept. 14 as travel agents step on board Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest ship, Norwegian Breakaway. This 7-day cruise will begin and end in New York City and includes a 3-day stay in Bermuda. During the first days of sailing, agents will be able to take part in general sessions, education seminars, networking events, a mini trade show, roundtable discussions, and preset 1-on-1 appointments. Not only do you get all of the education you’d expect from an ASTA event, but you can experience the Norwegian Breakaway and partake in Bermuda destination training—a 3-in-1 event you do not want to miss.