Red Mountain Resort—an active destination retreat nestled in Southwestern Utah’s red rock bluffs—is adding six new personal discovery activities to its lineup of health and fitness activities, including:
- Despacho Ceremony: During this 1-hour spiritual journey, priced at $175 pp, a Shaman spirit leads guests in creating a prayer bundle using ancient Peruvian traditions to offer gratitude to Mother Earth. The sacred ceremony is ideal for guests celebrating a birth, an anniversary or a milestone birthday. Group sessions are available.
- Guided Imagery: Consulting hypnotist Barbara Harrison uses hypnotic guided imagery to lead guests to a calm and peaceful state of mind in order to reduce stress, release negativity and assist in changing lifestyle behavior in this 75-minute therapy priced at $125 pp. A take-home reinforcement MP3 recording is included.
- Informed Soul: Harrison guides guests into a deeply relaxed state where their soul’s higher knowledge is accessible (also known as Past Life Regression). The 2-hour Informed Soul session, priced at $200 pp, is recommended for individuals who have achieved previous success with guided imagery, hypnosis or meditation.
- Skype with an Expert: After leaving the resort, guests can continue on their path to wellness by having a 50-minute follow-up appointment with an expert via Skype for $60 pp.
- Smart Phone Photography: Guests can take advantage of the resort’s scenic surroundings by participating in an outdoor photography session that covers basic tips and tricks of phone photography by providing suggested apps and ideas to boost creativity and enhance results. Rates for the 90-minute session start at $55 pp.
- Sunrise Challenge Hike: This is a seasonal hike in which guests awake early to embark on a morning challenge hike with a Red Mountain Resort guide. Hikers will be led to the optimal vistas in Snow Canyon to view a desert sunrise. This hike is paced at the resort’s Challenge level and typically begins before sunrise or with just enough light to see the way.
Red Mountain Resort features 82 guestrooms and 24 Villa Suites; the Sagestone Spa & Salon, offering treatments inspired by ancient health and beauty rituals; and two food and beverage options, including the signature restaurant, Canyon Breeze—all located within a 55-acre complex with black lava gardens and magnificent mountain views. Rates start at $174.25 Sunday through Wednesday; $199.75 Thursday through Saturday, now through July. For more information, call (877) 246-4453 or visit redmountainresort.com.