For travel agents interested in learning more about Dubai as a destination for their clients, American Society of Travel Agents’ (ASTA) eighth annual International Destination Expo (IDE) in Dubai will take place April 4-7, 2013.
IDE will not only provide attendees with intensive onsite education, it will connect them with local suppliers and help build profitable relationships with people who can assist with clients’ vacations. Agents can return home with a Dubai Destination Specialist certification and first-hand destination knowledge through complimentary sightseeing excursions, paid tours, and specially priced pre- and post-tours.
To showcase the best of Dubai as a destination, attendees will be offered two complimentary sightseeing excursions, which will take place on April 4 and April 7 before and after the expo: a 4-hour Old Dubai Tour showcasing the history of Dubai, mainly centered around the Dubai Creek; and the 4-hour Modern Dubai Tour that shows off Dubai’s ground-breaking architecture and innovative approach to design. Visit ASTA’s online reservation system to reserve your spot. You must be registered for the conference before booking.
ASTA will be offering a number of Dubai excursions at an additional cost for those interested in seeing more of the destination. The following excursions can be booked by clicking here.
- Explore the capital city of the United Arab Emirates, about a 90-minute drive from Dubai, on the 8-hour Abu Dhabi Tour. The tour explores the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the Abu Dhabi Heritage Village and the Manaraat Al Saadiyat Exhibition; it includes lunch, transfers and a guide ($92 pp).
- Traverse the desert dunes on the 6-hour Desert Safari and Bedouin Dinner tour that leads to a traditional Bedouin camp complete with camel rides and a barbecue dinner ($90 pp).
- Take a cruise on the creek while enjoying a luxury high tea on the High Tea on Bateaux Dubai tour that offers panoramic views of the city’s many sights ($95 pp).
- The Burj Al Arab Dining Experience offers lunch or dinner at the Al Iwan Arabic Restaurant, located in the Burj Al Arab hotel, also known as the “The World’s Most Luxurious Hotel.” Take in the elegant hotel during a brief tour of one of the guest suites before or after your meal, based on availability ($175 pp).
- View the city at night while enjoying a full buffet dinner on the 2-hour Dhow Dinner Cruise sailing down the Dubai Creek in a wooden sailing ship or dhow ($55 pp).
Pre- and Post-Tours
Extend your stay and experience more of the United Arab Emirates. Dubai has put together great options for pre- and post-tours, including:
- 2-night Mystical Muscat City Tour and Dolphin Watching
- 2-night Cairo: A Moment Through History
- 3-night Adventures on the Nile cruise
- 3-night The Paradise of Sharm El Sheikh
- 7-night Serenade of the Seas cruise
For more information on the pre- and post-tours, click here.
The major sponsors of the IDE event include Definitely Dubai, Dubai Convention Visitors Bureau, Madinat Jumeirah, Emirates, JW Marriott Marquis, 24 degrees, Starwood Hotels and Resorts and InterContinental Hotel Group.
For more information and to register for ASTA’s International Destination Expo, visit ASTA.org/IDE.