On site, Mister Collins is a definite must—the selections are fun with home-style American cuisine (it’ll even be a treat for clients traveling with little ones), but that shouldn’t make health nuts shy away. In fact, Mister Collins focuses on fresh, local, high-quality ingredients. Yes, there’s the usual cheeseburger and mac & cheese, but for those who have an adventurous palate, recommend the duck confit “melt” or the one shroom “burger” for lunch. Our guilty pleasure though? Those desserts—yummy. Try the M.C. candy bar, served with spicy caramel corn and Coca Cola ice cream, or even the house-made ice creams (it’s heaven in a bowl). And it’s all wrapped up in those beautiful water views.
After a day hanging beachside—the resort offers beachside watersports, which are a must for guests to take advantage of—an afternoon at the spa is a plus. Here, guests are invited into a world with 10 treatment suites, peaceful water features, soothing neutral tones and textures and outdoor treatment area, with lapping water, rustling palm fronds and the gentle sounds of nature. Recommend the Secret Garden experience, with the rose as its main component (it’s a delight). And hanging by the outdoor meditation space is a great precursor to the pleasures that await during the treatment.
What Not To Miss
General manager Boparai offers up a quick wrap on what not to miss while visiting the resort:
- You cannot visit Bal Harbour without visiting the Bal Harbour shops. A fashion haven, this historic mall sets the bar high for luxury and exclusivity.
- South Beach, the nearby Haulover Marina, Bal Harbour beaches, and the Aventura Mall.
- Sampling the warm pretzel sticks at the bar at Mister Collins is an absolute must, any time of the day.
- A pedicure at The Spa at ONE Bal Harbour offers a special treat. The pedicure stations appear from nowhere it seems. They rise up out of the floor, offering maximum comfort for the guest.
- And this editor would like to add…hang by the pier watching as locals fish the day’s catch and go fly a kite at the Haulover Marina.
Best available rate for the month of February starts at $675 for an Oceanview Deluxe room; in March it’s $750; and in April it’s $525. Agent promotions are offered seasonally, and the resort extends travel agent rates.
For more information, call (877) 455-5410 or visit oneluxuryhotels.com.