Read on to find new routes and added value and comfort spanning 11 airlines.
Delta Air Lines (delta.com) is preparing to launch a daily year-round service from JFK to Montego Bay’s Sangster International Airport (MBJ), starting Dec. 15. Flights are as follows:
• Depart JFK at 8:45 a.m—arrive MBJ at 1:02 p.m. • Depart MBJ at 2:00 p.m.—arrive JFK at 5:58 p.m.
JetBlue Airways (jetblue.com) has begun daily nonstop year-round service between Palm Beach International Airport (PBIA), FL, and San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU). Introductory rates are offered as low as $93 each way, valid for travel May 29-June 21. Flights are as follows:
• Depart PBIA at 8:50 a.m.—arrive SJU at 11:20 a.m. • Depart SJU at 12:10 p.m.—arrive PBIA at 2:54 p.m.
airberlin (airberlin.com) has launched two new nonstop routes between the U.S. and Germany: Los Angeles, CA (LAX), to Berlin (TXL), operating Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; and Las Vegas, NV (LAS), to Dusseldorf (DUS), operating Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Flights are as follows:
• Depart LAX at 2:45 p.m.—arrive TXL at 10:40 a.m. • Depart TXL at 10:00 a.m.—arrive LAX at 12:50 p.m. • Depart LAS at 6 p.m.—arrive DUS at 1:30 p.m. • Depart DUS at 1:55 p.m.—arrive LAS at 4:15 p.m.
Aeromexico (aeromexico.com/us/welcome.html) has launched a new daily route between Washington, D.C.’s Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Mexico City International Airport (MEX). Flights are as follows:
• Depart IAD at 7 a.m.—arrive MEX at 10:45 a.m. • Depart MEX at 8:35 p.m.—arrive IAD at 1:55 a.m.
Cal Jet Airways (caljetair.com) has recently commenced weekly nonstop service from Los Angeles (LAX) to the Islands of Loreto, Baja California South, Mexico (LTO). Rates start at $499 for Comfort Class and $699 for First Class. Flights are as follows:
• Depart LAX at 2 p.m.—arrive LTO at 5:15 p.m. • Depart LTO at 6:15 p.m.—arrive LAX at 7:15 p.m.
The Jamaica Tourist Board (visitjamaica.com) has chartered Vacation Express (vacationexpress.com) to provide weekly nonstop flights every Saturday through Oct. 21, connecting Cincinnatti , OH (CVG), and Montego Bay (MBJ). Fares start at $299, with flights as follows:
• Depart CVG at 4:30 p.m.—arrive MBJ at 6:55 p.m. • Depart MBJ at 10:20 a.m.—arrive CVG at 3:15 p.m.
Additionally, Vacation Express has recently announced the extension of its Cincinnati-based Sunwing Express program, providing weekly nonstop service to Cancun, Montego Bay and Punta Cana. The extension will continue operation through October 2013.
Alitalia (alitalia.com) has resumed its seasonal service between Los Angeles and Rome, offering daily nonstop flights through the summer. Economy seating rates start at $1,526.
Dutch Antilles Express (flydae.com) is beginning daily service between Miami and Curaçao this Friday, June 1.
Upgrades, Extensions and Extras
With the launch of Economy Class Plus, EL AL—Israel’s national airline—now features more legroom, more seat recline and preferred seating in Economy class. Also included for Economy Class Plus seating is a comfort kit with eyeshades, socks, earplugs, toothbrush, toothpaste, business class blanket and pillow, in addition to wider seats, foot rest, and privacy curtain.