Clients asking where to go next? Surefire answer: South America. Big-picture reasons why? Relatively safe, no jet lag, affordable, year-round appeal and an amazing variety of travel experiences. Here’s just a sampling of what you can sell to solo travelers, honeymooners, families and empty nesters.
• Adventures Galore: Kayaking among icebergs in Patagonia, horseback riding in the highlands of Ecuador or on the beaches of Uruguay; trekking between Andean mountain lodges in Peru…the list goes on and on.
• Spectacular Landscapes: From the surreal scenery of the Atacama Desert in Chile to the wildly exciting cascades of Iguazu Falls in Argentina, the diversity of landscapes on this continent is mind-boggling.
• Wildlife Viewing: South America is rife with wildlife from the sea lions, tortoises
and iguanas in the Galapagos Islands to the thousands of bird species in the Amazon and
• Urban Wonders: In cities all over South America, you will find hip, cutting-edge neighborhoods full of art galleries and one-of-a-kind shops. But you’ll also find a profound sense of history with colonial centers, magnificent churches, cobbled streets and squares.
• Foodies Feast: The secret is out—Lima is home to some of the top restaurants in the WORLD. The city is a foodie’s dream but it’s not the only city in South America that is a magnet for gourmets. Among some of the others: Cartagena and Medellin, Colombia; Santiago, Chile; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, Brazil; and Quito, Ecuador.
• Wine Regions: Exploring the vineyards of Argentina and Chile are world-class experiences.
• Accommodations: Chic boutique hotels in artsy urban neighborhoods, eco-lodges in the jungles, stunning estancias in the countryside and remote resorts that embrace their unique environments—your clients can look forward to some extraordinary stays throughout
Susan Farewell is the owner of Farewell Travels LLC (FarewellTravels.com), a travel design firm based in Westport, CT. Follow her onTwitter and Instagram @FarewellTravels.