A number of major festivals, events, and travel-related meetings to be held this month and early 2012 will ensure a lively and vibrant calendar of activities over the holiday season. Here are some that have already been confirmed:
The International Horticultural Exposition Ratchaphreuk 2011 (Royal Flora Ratchaphruek 2011) began today and runs through March 14 in the Royal Ratchaphruek Park Mae Hia district, Chiang Mai. The highlights of the activities are categorized into three groups, including exhibitions, national and international horticultural symposia and competitions on various topics related to tropical flora. The event also highlights the royal duties and wisdom of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, (Rama IX), under the theme “84 Years under the Great King’s Prestige,” and another Commemoration Exhibition featuring the Royal Duties of their Majesties and His Royal Highness the Crown Prince in relation to agriculture. The event will also feature international and national gardens as well as exhibitions on horticultural and agricultural science and technology.
Thailand Golf Championship will be held Dec. 15-18 at the Amata Spring Country Club in Bangkok. The event will be broadcast live over the four days on the Asian Tour’s global television platform on Golf Channel-True Visions, featuring a number of world-class professional golfers from Spain, France, China, Japan, the United Kingdom, Denmark, the United States, Germany and Ireland.
Bangkok and Central Region Countdown Events and New Year Festivals • Bangkok Countdown Ha Ha Ha 2012—Dec. 31, 2011 at Central World Square, Ratchaprasong
• Make a Wish Countdown 2012—Dec. 31, 2011 at the Park Paragon, Siam Paragon
• Ploenchit Happiness—Dec. 18, 2011 from 2 p.m. until 10 p.m. between Ploenchit and Chidlom Roads
• 9 Sacred Places—Dec. 17-18, 24-25 and 31 and Jan. 1-2, 7-8 and 14-15 at Rattanakosin Island and along the Chao Phraya River.
• Miracle Smile@Thailand—Dec. 24-25 on Khao San and Tanao Roads
• New Year Festival at Bang Nam Pheung Floating Market—Dec. 31 in Samut Prakan province
Phuket Countdown Events and New Year Festivals • Colourful Phuket Countdown 2012—Dec. 29-31 at the Sanamchai Ground
• Phuket Electronic Music and Dance Festival 2012—Dec. 30-31 at Karon Beach
Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai Countdown Events and New Year Festivals • Countdown 2012—Dec. 31 to Jan. 1 at the Chalermprakiat Hall New Year’s Eve
• Happy New Year 2012—Dec. 30 to Jan. 1 in Chiang Saen district
For more information, visit tourismthailand.org/us.