Preferred Hotels & Resorts has launched Loving Local, a global travel series designed to facilitate highly localized, luxury hotel experiences across 21 regional markets as consumers prepare to hit the open road once again for exploration and rediscovery of destinations close to home. This limited-time global campaign—valid for bookings made by July 31, 2020 for stays of two nights or more through Dec. 31, 2020—entices eager travelers to staycation within their hometown or venture further into their surrounding region for the opportunity to enjoy authentic, memorable hospitality along with amenities at more than 200 participating hotels and resorts worldwide.
Travelers who book Loving Local will receive the best available rate, daily breakfast options for two, and a stay credit ranging from $25-$70 that can be used toward on-property expenditures, along with immediate fast track to Elite status in the brand’s I Prefer Hotel Rewards program, which features a VIP amenity, next category room upgrade, 2,500 bonus points, and complimentary internet. Upon confirmation, all Loving Local bookings will also unlock access to special benefits from partner brands including Sixt (for car rentals in Europe), Avis (for car rentals in the Americas and Asia), and Travel Curious (for those who want curated tours of their chosen destination).
Understanding the inherent value of the travel agent community in supporting the return to travel, Preferred Hotels & Resorts is also offering a 3 percent bonus on top of the standard 10 percent agency commission for Loving Local bookings made through the GDS or direct channels with a qualifying IATA/TIDS number.
“With all indicators showing that domestic travel will be an essential driver for economic recovery as travel restrictions are lifted at different times around the world, we created Loving Local to encourage interrupted travelers to once again embrace the virtues of community and explore destinations closer to home through our incredible independent hotels,” said Kristie Goshow, chief marketing officer for Preferred Hotels & Resorts. “This global campaign is designed to fuel an inherent belief in the power of travel and inspire global citizens to take advantage of their newly restored freedoms by hitting the open road with family and friends, supporting local businesses, and knowing that our member hotels will greet them with a warm welcome as they reopen their doors.”
Travelers looking to embark on a vacation now through the end of the year can book Loving Local at more than 200 hotels worldwide, with highlights including:
- The Americas and Caribbean (now available for bookings made through September 2, 2020)
- Baccarat Hotel New York – New York, United States
- Biltmore Hotel – Coral Gables, Florida, United States
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort and Spa – Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Condado Vanderbilt Hotel – San Juan, Puerto Rico
- HOTEL DU PONT – Wilmington, Delaware, United States
- Live Aqua Urban Resort San Miguel de Allende – San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Porta Hotel Antigua – Antigua, Guatemala
- Rancho Santana – Rivas, Nicaragua
- Shutters on the Beach – Santa Monica, California, United States
- Wequassett Resort and Golf Club – Harwich, Massachusetts, United States
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa (now available for bookings made through October 31, 2020)
- Amerikalinjen – Oslo, Norway
- Banyan Tree Tamouda Bay – Fnideq, Morocco
- Dromoland Castle Hotel – County Clare, Ireland
- Dukes The Palm, a Royal Hideaway Hotel – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf & Spa – Casares, Spain
- Gondwana Game Reserve – Mossel Bay, South Africa
- Il Castelfalfi – Montaione, Tuscany, Italy
- Pulitzer Amsterdam – Amsterdam, Netherlands
- The Guardsman – London, United Kingdom
- Ultima Geneve – Geneva, Switzerland (offering stay credit of US$900)
- Asia and Australasia (now available for bookings made through October 31, 2020)
- Azur – Queenstown, New Zealand
- Bungaraya Island Resort – Sabah, Malaysia
- Discovery Suites Manila Philippines – Manila, Philippines
- Lancaster Bangkok – Bangkok, Thailand
- One Farrer Hotel – Singapore
- The Fullerton Hotel Sydney – Sydney, Australia
- The Imperial New Delhi – New Delhi, India
- The Leela Palace Udaipur – Udaipur, India
- The Sanchaya – Bintan Island, Indonesia
- The Siam – Bangkok, Thailand
For more information about Preferred Hotels & Resorts’ Loving Local offer, to view a full list of participating hotels, or book, please visit PreferredHotels.com/LovingLocal.
Offer Terms & Conditions
Loving Local must be booked by July 31, 2020 for stays through Dec. 31, 2020 with a minimum 2-night stay required. Hotel credit value varies per participating property and cannot be altered, transferred, or used towards a future stay. The offer is subject to availability and blackout dates may apply. To receive the I Prefer benefits stated as part of this offer, guests must enroll and activate I Prefer membership prior to arrival or upon check in at the hotel. I Prefer Elite benefits and points awards are only available at participating properties. Travelers not yet enrolled in I Prefer Hotel Rewards who want to take advantage of the exclusive member offer available through Loving Local can enroll for free at IPrefer.com/enroll.