InterContinental Miami has reopened its doors with enhanced health and safety measure in place as well as with a new lobby-level cafe. The hotel, that had been open exclusively for essential workers for two months, reopened on June 1.
The hotel now has enhanced cleaning measures in place that includes a new IHG Clean Promise, to give guests greater confidence during their stay. In addition, InterContinental Miami is offering special travel and dining packages.
Since 2015, the InterContinental Hotel Group has had rigorous cleaning procedures, having partnered with industry-leading experts at Cleveland Clinic, Ecolab and Diversey. Deep cleaning with hospital grade disinfectant was implemented. This program is now being expanded with additional COVID-19 protocols and best practices, many of which are already in place to reflect the advice of the World Health Organization, Center for Disease Control & Prevention and local public health authority. The new cleaning procedures can be found here.
- Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front-desk screens, sanitizer stations, sanitized key cards, paperless checkout
- Guest Room: Visible verification of sanitized items (e.g., glassware, remote control), reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols, use of new technology
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high-touch surfaces, social distancing, best practices for pools, fitness centers and lounges
- Restaurants & Bars: New standards and service approach to banquets, room service and catering.
“At InterContinental Miami the wellbeing and safety of our guests and colleagues is our top priority. Moving forward, guests can expect to see evolved procedures in every area of the hotel,” said Glenn Sampert, general manager of InterContinental Miami, in a statement.
Additionally, the hotel worked with a team of medical experts at the Cleveland Clinic. They have developed guidance and resources for employees before returning to work and keeping guests safe in this new environment which include:
- Social distancing operating procedures
- Wellness checks prior to colleague’s shift including temperature checks
- Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
- Updated colleague training and certification
- Cleanliness information in hotels and on IHG’s booking channels
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at high-touch points throughout the hotel
- Contactless pay for Valet Parking
InterContinental Miami has also transformed its art-filled lobby into a cafe style eatery. Guests can meet around the 18-foot, 70-ton Spindle and take a break while enjoying a curated menu that includes a variety of salads, sandwiches, main dishes paired with a wine list available daily from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
The hotel is offering packages starting at $179.00 that feature early check-in and late check-out based on availability; no required deposit; free cancellations five days leading up to stay; pet-friendly amenities; and one free night when two nights are purchased.