Walt Disney World is saluting Independence Day with fireworks displays and more at each of its parks. Here’s a line-up of the nighttime spectacles that will light up the sky:
- Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky: The Magic Kingdom Park is commemorating the Fourth with brilliant fireworks choreographed to patriotic music. The red, white and blue extravaganza will bathe the sky on both July 3 and July 4 at 9 p.m.
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth: This nightly Epcot favorite adds a patriotic twist to the show, with a special laser light finale celebrating America. Fireworks will blast off at 9 p.m. on July 4.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular: Celebrate “Star Wars” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This one-of-a-kind show takes to the sky at 9:30 p.m. nightly.
- Rivers of Light: Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s newest nighttime show celebrates a connection with nature through light, water and fire. Rivers of Light has two showings nightly, 9:15 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- Other Independence Day entertainment includes:
- The Voices of Liberty a cappella group performing traditional Americana tunes during a 4th of July Concert on the America Gardens Theatre stage at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m.
- The vibrant American Music Machine performing pop hits, at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 3:50 p.m.
- The chance to meet Disney characters—all dressed up to celebrate America’s birthday—throughout the day at the American Adventure Pavilion at Epcot.
- The Muppets Present…Great Moments in History where Miss Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie Bear and friends reenact famous moments in American history. The whimsical show is performed daily in Liberty Square.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa hosting an All-American July 4 cookout from 7-8:30 p.m. The star-spangled feast includes grilled steak and shrimp, hot dogs, and baked beans, plus specialty drinks,beer and wine. There’s also a live DJ and crafts for kids. After dinner, head to the Grand Floridian Marina for sweets and a view of the Magic Kingdom Park’s July 4 fireworks. Tickets for the cookout cost $120 plus tax for adults; $59 for children ages 3 to 11.
For more information, visit disneyworld.disney.go.com.