Carnival Freedom has undergone a multi-million-dollar renovation adding a variety of new and expanded experiences, retail space, dining options, and more.
Part of Carnival Cruise Line’s $2 billion ship enhancement program that has added Fun Ship 2.0 innovations across the fleet, the updated spaces on Carnival Freedom were added during a 3-week dry dock that took place in Freeport, The Bahamas. The new and enhanced experiences include:
- WaterWorks: Featuring a 203-ft.-long AquaTunnel slide and Carnival’s signature 212-ft.-long Twister slide along with a 75-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket and SplashZone area for kids.
- Bonsai Express: The success of the full-service Bonsai Sushi restaurants has spawned this casual spot, featuring an array of sushi, sashimi, rolls and more.
- Expanded Retail Spaces: A mall-style shopping area lined with retail outlets offering fine jewelry, watches, fragrances, and more has been added to the ship. Among the shops are the cruise line’s own branded spaces, including the all-new Carnival Adventures shop. The new shop offers a variety of products from snorkel gear and swim fins to sunscreen and waterproof backpacks.
- Mini-Golf Course: A 9-hole miniature golf course has been relocated to Deck 11, providing an activity for guests to enjoy in the fresh sea air.
- Re-Branded Deli: Located on Deck 9, the newly expanded deli offers a menu of piled-high sandwiches, paninis and traditional sides.
These new additions complement the wide variety of food and beverage offerings on board Carnival Freedom, including Guy’s Burger Joint created by Food Network star Guy Fieri, the poolside BlueIguana Tequila Bar, RedFrog Rum Bar, and BlueIguana Cantina, along with favorites like a classic American steakhouse, Punchliner Comedy Club, the cocktail pharmacy-themed Alchemy Bar, and the Caribbean-inspired RedFrog Pub.
Family-friendly options include Seuss at Sea, which includes the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with The Cat in The Hat and Friends, and an all-ages reading venue called Dr. Seuss Bookville, plus other supervised programming for kids ages 2-17.
Following the dry dock, Carnival Freedom resumed its year-round schedule of 6- and 7-day Caribbean cruises from Galveston that visit destinations in Jamaica, Mexico, Belize and Grand Cayman.