Have a client looking for last-minute winter vacation ideas for travel to Europe, Asia, or Latin America? Avanti Destinations’ new winter itineraries featuring holiday-themed vacations, such as the 200 Years of Silent Night itinerary in Salzburg, Austria. Guests can also experience the ultimate silence of staying in an Airstream camper on Bolivia’s Uyuni salt flats, the largest in the world.
Here is a listing of the last-minute winter vacations:
- 200 Years of Silent Night, Salzburg, Austria – Spend 5 days/4 nights in Salzburg, where this most popular of Christmas songs was composed in 1818. Basic package includes 4- or 5-star hotel, a half-day Christmas in the Lake District tour, tickets to “My Silent Night” performance at the historic Felsenreitschule theater, tickets to the sold-out Adventsingen Festival, admission to the Silent Night exhibition at Salzburg Museum and more. This itinerary can be combined with a visit to Vienna or other destinations in Austria, Switzerland or Germany, such as the Christmas Markets itinerary below.
- German Christmas Markets, Munich, Nuremberg, Regensburg – 5-day/4-night customizable package includes private arrival transfer, private tours of Christmas markets in all three cities, one 3-course dinner in Munich and Nuremberg, first-class rail between cities, transfers in Nuremberg between hotel and rail station. Can be combined with 200 Years of Silent Night in Austria.
- Swiss Classics, Zurich, Grindelwald, Lucerne – This 7-day/6-night package includes a first class Swiss FlexiPass, a private Lucerne walking tour, a tour of Zurich and its surroundings, a fondue dinner, entrance to the chocolate factory where clients make their own chocolate bar, a self-guided excursion to Mt Schilthorn, and a 24-hour ZurichCARD.
- Winter in Bologna or Turin (or both) –Bologna is considered to be the country’s ultimate foodie destination, while Turin offers historic, elegant coffeehouses and the hazelnut confection, gianduja. Packages are for 4 days/3 nights and include 4- and 5-star hotel options as well as private arrival/departure transfers. In Bologna, the program features a private walking and gourmet tour, a private market tour with a cooking class, and private Ferrari World tour with a test drive and lunch. In Turin, the program can include a private sweets walking tour, a chocolate tasting walking tour, admission to the Egyptian Museum, a private Langhe countryside tour of vineyards with tastings of the fabled Barolo and Babaresco. Combining these two destinations, which can be linked by rail, would make a great comb for those foodies on your client list
- Winter Vcations in Asia and Latin America
Two of the latest suggested itineraries in Asia and Central and South America that can be custom-build for each client, include:
- Thailand Discovery, Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Phitsanulok, Lampang, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Phuket –This 13 days/12 nights itinerary includes private arrival/departure transfers, private tour of the Grand Palace, private transfers between destinations with tours/excursions en route, a speedboat tour of Phang Nga Bay and Khai Island.
- Deluxe Airstream Camper on the Uyuni Salt Flats, Bolivia – This itinerary features glamping among 4,000 miles of salt flats, with all meals and ground transfers provided, as well as tours of Salt Lake, Isla Pescado, Tahua village and a hike to the Coquesa mummies. You can combine this experience with a stay in La Paz and a 3-day Magic of Lake Titicaca itinerary that visits the Reed Islands, Copacabana, Sun and Moon Islands.
All land-only Avanti itineraries are fully customizable, and commissionable transatlantic air may be added.
Agents will receive a $50 bonus for each new booking of at least $1,500 made between now and Feb. 28, 2019 for winter travel taking place December through March 31, 2019.