Help your clients take their love of wine beyond the vineyards and to the high seas instead with the return of Norwegian Cruise Line’s Meet the Winemaker series.
The seasonal program provides enthusiasts with exclusive opportunities to engage with winemakers and other experts through a variety of seminars and activities including open-forum discussions, meet-and-greets, intimate wine tastings and wine-paired dinners, interactive cooking demonstrations and educational sessions in The Cellars, A Michael Mondavi Family Wine Bar available on Norwegian Bliss, Joy, Escape and Dawn.
“Our Meet the Winemaker series showcases our commitment to providing guests with one-of-a-kind experiences by providing them with access to today’s most innovative beverage and culinary leaders,” said Andy Stuart, president and CEO of Norwegian Cruse Line, in press materials. “We are very proud of this season’s lineup and excited to share it with our guests.”
The experience will be available on select cruises aboard Norwegian Joy, Norwegian’s latest ship in North America; her sister ships Norwegian Bliss, Norwegian Escape and soon-to-debut Norwegian Encore; as well as on the newly renovated Norwegian Dawn. Each of the sailings feature vintages chosen by the expert hosting the wine-themed cruise. These wines will be used throughout the exclusive events which range in price from $19.95 pp to $60 pp plus tax and gratuities. Wine experts guests can expect to meet include Andrea Robinson, the first female Master Sommelier to be recognized by the Sommelier Society of America, and Jacques Lardiere, French winemaker recognized for Maison Louis Jadot Wines.
The complete lineup of the 2019-2020 Meet the Winemaker series includes:
- June 8, 2019 – Norwegian Joy: Bob Bertheau, head winemaker of Chateau Ste. Michelle
- Aug. 17, 2019 – Norwegian Joy: Rob Mondavi Jr., son of Isabel and Michael Mondavi and a fourth-generation Napa Valley winemaker
- Oct. 6, 2019 – Norwegian Bliss: Rob Mondavi Jr.
- Oct. 20, 2019 – Norwegian Escape: Salvatore Ferragamo, heir of an Italian fashion house and owner of Il Borro Winery in Tuscany, Italy
- Nov. 3, 2019 – Norwegian Bliss: Aaron Sanchez, award-winning chef and owner of Johnny Sanchez restaurant, official chef ambassador for Terrazas de los Andes
- Nov. 24, 2019 – Norwegian Joy: Juan Munoz Oca, head winemaker at Columbia Crest producing the winery’s portfolio of Reserve, H3, and Grand Estates wines
- Dec. 1, 2019 – Norwegian Encore: Rob Mondavi Jr.
- Jan. 4, 2020 – Norwegian Escape: Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson, first female Master Sommelier to be recognized by the Sommelier Society of America
- Jan. 26, 2020 – Norwegian Encore: Jacques Lardiere, French winemaker recognized for Maison Louis Jadot Wines
- Feb. 2, 2020 – Norwegian Dawn: Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson and Celebrity Chef J.J. Johnson, executive chef at the Henry at Life Hotel in Manhattan
- Feb. 16, 2020 – Norwegian Encore: Gerard Bertrand, vintner of Languedoc-Roussillon