So, what does it take to become a superstar in selling Saint Lucia? We asked Nancy Finn from Island Getaways. Finn is a top-producing Saint Lucia agent who’s been selling Saint Lucia for over 20 years and has won the SLEx (Saint Lucia Expert) star of the month—measured in the most room nights produced in a month—several times.
Finn says she fell in love with the Caribbean island when she first set “eyes on the beautiful Pitons; it was love at first sight.” Believe it or not, Finn has traveled to Saint Lucia over 46 times and has first-hand knowledge of the destination, noting that, “I have experienced everything on the island personally. Every destination I sell, I feel I am an expert at and can share so much with my clients on what to do and what not to do; I give them tips they find most helpful.”
According to Richard Moss, trade sales manager, USA, Saint Lucia Tourism Authority, Finn “always makes time for something immersive such as the Soufriere Adventure, which she did by speed boat a few months ago just to be able to advise her clients specifically; and from her personal, well-traveled perspective, clients find this attention irresistible because in vacation sales, ‘Confidence breeds confidence.’”
Finn is, of course, a graduate of the Saint Lucia Expert (SLEx) Program, which, she says, was “very helpful” in helping her sell Saint Lucia, and she adds she really takes advantage of the support from the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority. “Richard Moss is now my rep and any question that may arise that I do not know or am unaware of, he is right at my fingertips to help.”
Finn points to destination weddings and honeymoons as the top lure for vacations to the destination. “I absolutely love designing honeymoons and stays for my clients in Saint Lucia. It is such an amazing island with so much to offer, from the rainforests to the Pitons. There are so many great excursions, as well.” Finn also sells to “anniversary couples and couples that just want to celebrate ‘life itself.’”
She has three key points for travel advisors who are thinking of selling Saint Lucia:
1. “Saint Lucia is the Hawaii of the Caribbean and there’s no need to fly 14 hours. Actually, in my opinion, Saint Lucia is more beautiful and not so commercial…. You really get the island vibe.”
2. “You need to visit the island and experience the beauty and culture of the island.”
3. “Get out and explore the island and go on some great excursions.”
Have you taken the Saint Lucia Expert (SLEx) Program?
This is your first step in becoming a top-producing Saint Lucia agent. You’ll get the 4-1-1 on the island’s options for destination weddings and honeymoons; its spa-infused wellness stays; the colorful cultural events; the array of dining out options; and the island’s mesmerizing accommodations. Graduate benefits include:
• Complimentary and discounted FAM trips, monthly cash prizes for the top booking travel agent and agency, incentives from participating hotels, including complimentary site inspections, and SLEx agent rates for hotels, transfers and attractions.
• Credits from The Travel Institute or the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA)
• Personalized certificate
• Sales resources including images, fact sheets, videos and social media input.