Club Med aims to open five new resorts per year, on average, over the next five years. The company also has plans to execute five major renovations to its current resorts per year to offer new and refreshed experiences.
Here’s the 4-1-1:
- In the Caribbean, the adults-only Club Med Turkoise in Turks and Caicos has been refreshed and in May 2018 will receive its fourth Trident. The resort features all-new Deluxe-level rooms with balconies; a redesigned pool and reception area; a new main bar; renovated dining space with a new wine cellar; a new wellness area; and tech updates. Club Med Buccaneer’s Creek in Martinique will open a new beach lounge that will offer all-day dining (it will replace the L’o restaurant) and the resort’s main restaurant, Pays Meles, will also undergo a renovation.
- In Mexico, the Cancun property will open its family-focused Aguamarina accommodations in July, introducing 60 new family rooms, along with a new oceanfront pool. The family rooms each feature two separate sleeping areas so the parents and the children can have their own rooms.
- In Sicily, the new, 300-room Club Med Cefalu will open this summer. It will be part of the hotel company’s Exclusive Collection. Located on the northern coast of Sicily, the resort will be the first full 5-Trident resort in Europe (a 5-Trident resort is identified by its exclusive upscale amenities and services for a luxurious vacation experience). Club Med Cefalu will be home to three gourmet restaurants, and three bars, and guests can partake in everything from sailing and electric surfboarding to tennis and archery, or book an appointment at the Spa by Carita.
- This December will see the opening of the Les Arcs Panorama in Savoie, France. Located in an alpine forest within the French Alps, Les Arcs Panorama is a 4-Trident family-friendly resort with a 5-Trident luxury space. The resort was built to fit the curves of the mountainous terrain and boasts a perfect view of the dramatic vistas. As the second largest ski domain in France, the Paradiski ski region features 264 miles of ski slopes, and the resort features ski-in/ski-out access, 433 rooms (Suite, Deluxe and Club levels), and three restaurants, including a new family restaurant concept, Bread & Co., which encourages active participation between kids and parents through the creation of meals.
- Another France-based property, the Club Med Samoens Morillon Grand Massif, just opened in Samoens. The ski-in, ski-out property is situated in the heart of the Grand Massif domain, and offers 382 rooms with views overlooking the surrounding mountains .Expert ski instruction is included for all levels while children’s clubs are available for children from four months to 17 years of age. There are indoor and outdoor pools and the Skyline Gourmet Lounge offers a menu designed by two-star Michelin chef Edouard Loubet.
- There are also various openings and upgrades throughout China and Japan, including a new 9,700-sq.-ft., 2-story indoor sports complex at the Guillin property in China. The complex features a climbing wall and trampoline; a virtual reality game room; a multi-sport playground with volleyball, basketball and badminton; and a circus experience with juggling, unicycling, balance exercises and an indoor flying trapeze. Japan’s Club Med Tomamu Hokkaido just opened for both families and couples who can stay in single or interconnecting rooms with full mountain views. There are four ski trails, snow trekking and a snow garden for the children’s club, as well as the largest indoor wave pool in Japan.
In Asia, Club Med Ho Tram, close to Ho Chi Minh City in the southeast of Vietnam, will be the first Club Med to open in the country in 2021. In Indonesia, Club Med Lombok will be the third resort for the brand to open in the country, set to open in 2019. Club Med also recently announced it will open Club Med Ceylon in Sri Lanka in 2019, and a new 5-Trident Exclusive Collection resort in Seychelles in 2020.
In Africa, Club Med is planning renovations for its Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers resort in the Mauritius to expand the resort with 108 new rooms. Current rooms will also undergo renovations, and the resort will play host to a new spa, family pool, Zen space and a transformed specialty restaurant.
Club Med will open a new resort in 2020 in Canada’s Le Massif de Charlevoix region just an hour away from Quebec City. This 4-Trident resort with a 5-Trident space will be the first Club Med resort in Canada and will feature year-round activities for each season.
For more information, visit clubmed.us.