The virtues of Kenya are so numerous that it’s an easy sell as a vacation destination. What’s more, given that it’s a long-haul destination chock-full of exciting activities and beautiful places to see, it makes good sense for travel advisors to do so.
The Kenyan landscape and culture is so captivating, you’ll find that visitors return again and again, and tell their friends! On average, they spend eight to 10 nights in the country. It’s a long flight from the U.S. and Kenya and its riches are so vast that even this many days may not seem long enough, but it usually satisfies most safari-goers.
Since a large percentage of visitors to Kenya purchase their travel through travel advisors and prefer to deal with agents that specialize in Kenya, completing the Kenya Authorized Travel Specialist (KATS) Program will not only qualify you as a Kenya Authorized Travel Specialist with the Kenya Tourism Board, it will undoubtedly boost your Kenya sales.
The Kenya Authorized Travel Specialist (KATS) Program is divided into three chapters:
- Introduction to Kenya: Regions; history; and best time to visit
- Tourism Infrastructure: Getting there and around; and the best accommodations to suit your clients’ needs
- Selling Kenya: Reasons to visit; top experiences; and your Kenya customer
Completing the Kenya Authorized Travel Specialist (KATS) Program will make you an undisputed specialist on this African nation. Benefits of completing the Kenya Authorized Travel Specialist (KATS) Program include:
• 2 Continuing Education Credits from The Travel Institute
• 12 Continuing Education Credits from ACTA
• Personalized, full color, printable certificate
In addition to the main course, travel advisors wanting to dig a little deeper have the opportunity to do so via four elective modules that complement KATS.
• The Safaris in Kenya elective module covers the various safari circuits throughout the country; showcases safaris beyond wheels, including via horseback or camel, in a hot air balloon, or on an escorted walking safari, as well as by plane; and puts the spotlight on the array of conservancies, ranches and sanctuaries located across Kenya.
• The Beyond the Wilderness elective module heads to the country’s coast, where activities such as surfing, scuba diving and skydiving abound. It’s also the place to discover unique historical sites, and sit down for a culinary feast.
• The Sustainable Kenya elective module covers the efforts being made by Kenya to promote sustainability.
• The Adventure Experiences in Kenya elective module touches on all sorts of activities throughout the country, from mountain climbing and cycling to snorkeling and boating.
To become a Kenya specialist, visit kats.recommend.com.