American Queen Steamboat Company, operator of America’s most opulent and luxurious paddlewheel vessels, has several exciting themed cruises planned for 2016. Themed-cruises are a favorite among guests, and the Bourbon Cruise was a smashing hit in 2015. As an exclusive feature to this themed-cruise, a special guest will be onboard the American Queen as it travels the Bourbon Cruise from St. Louis to Cincinnati July 10-18.
American Queen Steamboat Company is thrilled to announce that Bill Samuels Jr., son of Maker’s Mark founder, Bill Samuels Sr., will be onboard for an exclusive Maker’s Mark presentation and tasting, shares American Queen Steamboat Company president and COO Ted Sykes. “His presence complements that of Buffalo Trace’s own Don Flinn and Bourbon historian Michael Veach who are already scheduled to be onboard. We look forward to learning more about the American spirit whose roots are dug deep in the foothills of Kentucky and the Ohio River.”
Highlights of the Bourbon Cruise include:
- Onboard Bourbon tastings and seminars led by experts
- Specialty Bourbon-enhanced menu items daily
- Bourbon themed gifts each night
- Cooking with Bourbon demonstration
- A choice of included distillery visits (Buffalo Trace, Heaven Hill Bourbon Heritage Center, Maker’s Mark, Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, Willett Small Batch)
- From Madison, Ind., a Special Land Event includes a city tour of Frankfort, Kentucky, a guided tour of Buffalo Trace Distilleries and lunch at the famous Claudia Sanders Dinner House
- A special performance by the Juggernaut Jug Band
Offering the most inclusive river cruise experience in North America, fares for 9-day sailings on the American Queen begin at $2,649 pp dbl. All journeys include a 1-night pre-voyage hotel stay, shore tours in all ports, complimentary wine and beer with dinner and a host of other amenities. For more information, call (888) 749-5280, or visit aqsc.com.