Peninsula Papagayo, a 1,400-acre premier resort and residential community on the north Pacific coast of Costa Rica that’s home to Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo and Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo, has unveiled the next phase of a more than $100 million community-wide transformation with new adventures, amenities, and enhancements, including a bike-share program, discovery-based explorations, resort enhancements and more. The peninsula, located 25 minutes from Liberia International Airport, is home to 11 miles of coastline, eight miles of bluff edges, seven sandy beaches and one of the few tropical dry forests on the planet.
All-new peninsula-wide enhancements that are being introduced through 2018 include:
- Papagayo Explorers Club Programming – Papagayo Explorers Club, the destination’s program of exclusive land, ocean, aerial and cultural immersion adventures that debuted earlier in 2018, has added new eco-adventures that showcase the nature, culture and spirit of Peninsula Papagayo and the surrounding Guanacaste region. Led by local expert guides, biologists, naturalists and translators, Papagayo Explorers Club now offers more than 25 only-here adventures. New experiences include a Cacao Volcano Expedition that grants rare access via 4×4 vehicles to a protected crater of an inactive volcano that houses Costa Rica’s lowest-altitude cloud forest and a guided naturalist hike to an active research station on the rim of the crater.
- Four Seasons Resort Enhancements – The luxury resort will debut new and reimagined spaces in November 2018, including a new private concierge lounge that will feature a moss art wall that weaves in the peninsula’s lush landscape and interactive screens that showcase activities and explorations at the resort and across Peninsula Papagayo. The re-imagined spa will offer a serene arrival experience with illuminated lanterns; a new pre-treatment relaxation lounge and post-treatment indoor cabanas; elevated men’s and women’s locker rooms with new steam rooms, private showers and an outdoor terrace with hydrotherapy pools; spa treatment rooms with options including waterfall showers, private sauna and steam rooms, whirlpool tubs and ocean views; a Hammam room for unique Turkish bath experiences; new Ayurvedic spa treatments and much more. Additional resort enhancements include a new poolside juice bar and a revitalized fitness and wellness center with enhanced exterior space for ocean-view classes.
- Papagayo Bike-Share Program – Peninsula Papagayo’s new bike-share program launched in August 2018 and features a fleet of 60 electric-assist bikes that make it easier and more fun to explore the peninsula from end-to-end. This new peninsula-wide mobility program is in partnership with Bewegen Technologies and offers GPS-enabled pedelec bikes and seven docking stations across the 1,400 acres.
- Peninsula Papagayo Golf Clubhouse Renovation – A newly imagined golf clubhouse and signature restaurant—marking more than 10 reimagined dining destinations soon available across Peninsula Papagayo—will open in November 2018 following a renovation. The new design will pair rustic and geometric shapes with rich materials including teak, leather and stone to create a casually elegant environment that evokes the local Costa Rican culture.
- Andaz Resort Enhancements – Launching in time for festive season, Andaz Costa Rica Resort will transform a vintage Volkswagen Kombi van into an Instagram-worthy poolside bar at the resort’s main pool deck. A new Nimbu water taxi will also transport guests to the recently opened Andaz Beach House and offer private boat tours and sunset cocktail cruises for groups, special events and weddings.
- Marina Village Enhancements – A new gourmet market and reimagined Dive Bar will open in November 2018 at the marina village, which is an emerging hub and gathering spot overlooking Culebra Bay. The marina village is just steps from Marina Papagayo, the destination’s 180-slip premier superyacht marina.
- Camp Jaguar– This new daily outdoor nature program is tailored for explorers ages 12-16 and encourages self-discovery and confidence, meeting new friends and establishing meaningful connections to the undiscovered wilds of Peninsula Papagayo. Led by trained local experts, Camp Jaguar offers extreme forest adventures, ocean sports excursions, survival training, water safety courses and more. The Camp Jaguar program is available from November to April as well as in July and August.